We are adding a new section to our blog, A Word From Mistie. On this page you will find updates, articles and features straight from me. I am going to start taking you along with me as I discover new products, designers and inspiration for ShoptobeGreen. Someone recently brought to my attention that my process and the adventures I take to find great new eco-friendly products are of interest to all of my readers and customers. I agree. And I look forward to sharing it with you and hope that you we all share your thoughts and ideas with me in return.
I know that a lot has happened and I have grown tremendously in this past year alone. When I reflect on the past 12 months there are a few highlights that really stand out in my mind:
- January for all the new companies I found like Greenfield Paper Company, Alexandra Ferguson and Tumbleweed Bead and our No More Paper Cup campaign.
- February for Valentine’s Day and adding Verterra and Aqua Ovo to our product line.
- March for the tragic Japanese tsunami, which still deeply saddens me, launching our first online coupon marketing partnership with Living Social and for finding Beehive Kitchenware, Fork Bracelets and Decoylab.
- April for Earth Day, of course.
- June for launching our blogger partnerships and features.
- May for the Environment Workings Group’s 2011 sunscreen guide, which listed which sunscreens to avoid. Not at all shocked that only 20% of the 600 evaluated brands were recommended for use.
- June for discovering Bottled Up Designs and Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution.
- My beautiful and inspiring 3-week road trip in August through the West Coast of America and Canada and for receiving Green America and Green Bride Guides seal of approval.
- September for the start of the Occupy Wall Street protests, starting to build my raised bed garden and for finding Coco Zen.
- October for planting my new organic garden and launching our new product line 910 Joy Avenue (inspired by my Grandmother…more to come about that).
- November for our feature in Phoenix Magazine and our first Farmers Market in Tempe.
- December for diving head first into our new grass roots effort to create ShoptobeGreen.com pop-ups at various Farmers Markets, Fairs and Craft Markets starting with Phoenix metro area. Look for our online Calendar in Jan 2012 on where we’ll be next.
- Jan 2012 what’s to come? A trip to Chile and lots of new products and designers to feature and add to our website.
If you have a product you would like me to feature, carry or try please contact me at info (at) shoptobegreen.com
You can also contact me at the above address with any story ideas or suggestions of events that ShoptobeGreen should participate in.
Thank you being on this journey with me and for all your support. I look forward to the New Year and all that it has in store for us all!
Mistie, Owner and Editor of ShoptobeGreen